- 3 large red skin or Yukon gold potatoes (sliced
to 3/16th of inch thickness)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of homemade seasoned bread crumbs
- Fresh thyme and parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- Slice the potatoes to the above thickness and rinse thoroughly in a large glass bowl. Move the contents, still wet, to your microwave and cook for 3-4 minutes on high. In a large oven proof dish, add olive oil and make sure to cover the entire surface area (use your hands). Place a layer of potatoes in the dish and sprinkle breadcrumbs along with a drizzle of olive oil. Add more salt and pepper depending on the seasoning in the your breadcrumbs. Repeat the process until you've filled the entire dish. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Note I start with fresh, plain, breadcrumbs and add the herbs along with salt and pepper and mix well. Thereafter, I use this mixture in between the layers of potato.