Linguine with cauliflower and garlic
After posting the above photo of pasta with cauliflower, garlic & anchovy sauce my Calabrian born mother prepared on our Facebook fan page, we were overwhelmed with requests for the recipe. So, without further qualification here’s a simple recipe for one of the easiest pasta dishes on the planet made with a staple vegetable in southern Italy: linguine (and/or capelli D’Angelo / angel hair) with cauliflower, garlic, colatura di alici, and grated Grana Padano.
(photo: same dish made with angel hair or Capelli D’Angelo, cavolfiore e’ aglio)
Fill a large pot with fresh water and bring to a boil. Remove the cauliflower heads and submerge in the boiling water (add salt if desired). Boil for 4-5 minutes or until the cauliflower is fully cooked (Italians do not like crunchy vegetables) and remove to a clean bowl. Add the linguine to the same boiling water and cook normally (follow our instructions on how to cook perfect pasta
). In a separate pan, add the extra virgin olive oil
and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the cauliflower to the pan with oil and garlic and toss with linguine and a bit of the pasta water. Add a few drops of the colatura di alici (note the colatura is very salty) Add freshly ground black pepper, Kosher salt, and grated Grana Padano to taste. You can also add a bit of red pepper flakes.
We’ve teamed up with Olio2Go.com
to offer one lucky Scordo.com reader the chance to win two of the key ingredients in the above dish!. Read below for the details.
Here are the contest rules:
- Prize Giveaway includes a single (1) bottle of Colatura di Alici and a single (1) package of Pastificio Vicidomini Capelli d’Angelo, Angel Hair from Olio2Go.com
- What you need to do to enter: 1. leave a comment under this post on your favorite exotic Italian food ingredient! and 2. sign up for Scordo
fan pages on Facebook – if you’re already a fan of Scordo
please share our Facebook page with a few of your favorite Facebook friends on your own wall (you can do this in the lower left hand side of the Scordo fan page).
- Only one entry per person please.
- The contest is open until 12 midnight on 10/14 and a single random user will be picked (sorry contest only open to folks from the US given shipping logistics). The winner will be announced immediately on Twitter (so please follow us
) and on Scordo.com on Sunday 5PM EST, 10/17.
- Please use a valid email address when leaving a comment so I can contact you just in case you’re the lucky winner.
- Olio2Go will send out the products to the lucky winner during the week of 10/17