We collect frittata recipes here at Scordo like Roger Federer collects Grand Slam tennis victories; that is, en masse. Our latest frittata recipe is the centered on asparagus and couldn’t be easier to prepare. Here’s our easy, and delectable Asparagus Frittata recipe.
- 4 whole eggs
- ½ cup of grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 5-10 stalks of asparagus (washed well with the outer skin removed).
- Begin by beating 4 large eggs, grated cheese, salt and pepper, and finely chopped parsley. Set the mixture aside.
- Remove the tough outer skin from the asparagus and chop into 1.5 inch long pieces. Place the pieces in a large pan and add a bit of water (you're just looking to create steam), cover with a lid and steam for 5-10 minutes depending on the size of your asparagus. Add a few drops of extra virgin olive to the same pan once the water completely evaporate and saute for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add a bit more olive oil to the pan and add the egg mixture. Cook for 5 minute on medium heat and then place the heatproof pan under the broiler for 2-3 minute to finish cooking the top. Keep a close eye on the pan.
These kind of frittata are very popular in the Puglia region, same as the frittata di zucchini with mint, also frittata with fiori di zucchini / zucchini flowers & mint,, also frittata di patata, & frittata with artichokes, frittata di cicoria / chicory. The Pugliese also make meat ball SHAPED frittatas ( POLPETTI DI UOVA & MENTA ) Egg balls / patties with egg, cheese,mint & breadcrumbs.