Making fish doesn’t need to be complicated and the following Baked Fish with Bread Crumbs recipe is one of the easiest ways to prepare fillets of fish. Our baked fish with seasoned breadcrumb recipe works with any firm flesh white fish including flounder, sole, cod, etc. The key to the dish is making your own breadcrumbs (including parsley, dried oregano, lemon zest, salt and pepper) and using plenty of extra virgin olive oil.
Baking fish with breadcrumbs varies greatly from using egg to create a full breadcrumb coating. In fact, we prefer the above method because it preserve the integrity and flavor of the fish being used, whether it be sole, snapper, flounder, cod, halibut, etc., without too much breadcrumb mixture.
- 2-4 pieces of firm fleshed white fish (we often use flounder or sole)
- 2-3 cups of homemade breadcrumb (note: this is seasoned breadcrumb)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pat dry the fish fillets with a paper towel and place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. In a seperate bowl add the breadcrumb mixture and 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix well and place a good amount of the homemade, seasoned, breadcrumb on each piece of fish fillet, using the back of your spoon to flatten the mixture onto the fish. Drizzle a bit more olive oil on top of the breadcrumb mixture and bake for 5-10 minutes at 375 degree Fahrenheit.