(photo: left to right: simmering green beans and tomato sauce by Scordo and Man Reading
by John Singer Sargent)
Today we launch a new feature on the site called, “What We’re Reading” and it will basically function as a mechanism to share our notes on cooking, eating, thinking, drinking, and, on occasion, fuming about.
New York Times Dining & Wine
– I respect Jacques Pépin for his insistence on the technical aspects of cooking and his philosophy of not wasting ingredients.
– He’s written a great book on curing pork, including a simple homemade soppressata recipe.
– Put this one in “fuming” category as the article discusses whether one should opt to buy or make his/her own tomato sauce. Come on, really?!
Ciao Chow Linda
– We love Linda and we love fava beans, so we’re sharing her fava bean puree recipe with you.
The New Yorker
– the planet now has 8 billion people living on it and there are serious questions about feeding everyone on our tiny rock – a critical article to read and think about.
Memorie di Angelina
– A lawyer by day and Italian food expert by night, Frank’s recipe for zucchini parmesan is worth a try.