– I’m a big fan of having practical skills regardless of profession and education. With the aforementioned in mind it’s a good thing to know how to butcher meat and the photos and content in Ryan Farr’s Whole Beast Butchery look great.
NY Times Dining and Wine
– Only in America: the Times has decided to offer a Thanksgiving help line to help answer any of your Turkey day food questions.
– Michael is a food guy you can’t help like; he’s not pretentious (nor a professional chef), understands the importance of good technique, and just seems like a nice guy. His new book Twenty is out and it looks great.
Italian Food Forever
– Is there such a thing as an Italian Thanksgiving (the short answer is no, but if there were Deborah Mele suggests what should be included).
Off the Broiler
– One of my favorite NJ based food bloggers, Jason Perlow, is mostly a restaurant reviewer but he takes great food photos and is often very accurate about the quality (or lack thereof) of New Jersey restaurants. Most of the food in “Jersey” is, unfortunately, mediocre but change is coming!
La Bella Vita
– Any time a historical figure truly changes the way we see the world, h/she should be praised. When the same individual is a native of Calabria it’s cause for celebration. Luigi Lilio altered the modern calendar and also happened to live in the southernmost (mainland) province in Italy.